You can read the entire policy here, but if you simply want to skip to what Parents should do, read on.
- Use apps and eBooks as an activity to do together; don’t leave children alone to play.
- Watch educational TV shows with your children and use the content for conversations.
- Turn off your own laptop or tablet to encourage more conversation.
- Turn off the TV if you use it as background noise.
- Turn off digital devices for a couple hours in the evening to help children sleep.
- Find high quality TV shows and apps.
- The APA also suggests that parents create a media plan, as explained in the attached video.