A. Michelle Steffen, MS, CCC-SLP
Specializing in feeding, medically fragile, down syndrome, craniofacial syndromes, genetic syndromes, Vent/trach dependent, g/ng tubes, ASL, expressive/receptive language delays, Hanen, oral motor/Talk Tools, SOS approach to feeding, LSVT Loud certification.
- Basic SOS Approach to Feeding Course July 2019
- LSVT training and certification Sept 2018
- Master of Science, Communication Disorders and Sciences from California State University, Northridge in 2016
- Professional Certificate, Speech Language Pathology Assistant from University of Colorado, Boulder in 2009
- Bachelor of Arts, Speech Language, and Hearing Sciences from University of Colorado, Boulder in 2003
Licensures and Certifications
- Colorado License in Speech-Language Pathology
- ASHA Certification in Speech-Language Pathology
Favorite Therapy Tools
Brown Bear Brown Bear and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
Michelle is a Speech-Language Pathologist with 25 years of experience working with children in various capacities, beginning as a preschool teacher at the age of 19. While she took time off of school to have her three children, she has been dedicated to the field of Speech-Language Pathology and was motivated to get her Masters upon the birth of her son with Down syndrome in 2013. Having a child with differences has given her a unique perspective when working with children and parents, allowing her the ability to view situations and provide solutions from both a professional and personal level. She is well versed in using American Sign Language in the home environment with young children and enjoys working with parents and their children on speech, language and feeding issues. She is a fierce advocate and uses many resources to provide best practice to all of the families that she works with. Further, she believes that interprofessional collaboration allows for best possible outcomes for her clients and enjoys learning from and sharing with other professionals. When not working, she enjoys spending time with family, paddle boarding and reading anything and everything.