Maureen Russ, M.Ed, MS, CCC-SLP
Specialties include receptive and expressive language, articulation, literacy and pre-literacy skills
- Master of Science, Speech-Language Pathology from Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green in 2016
- Master of Education, Reading & Literacy Specialist from the University of Central Florida, Orlando in 2000
- Bachelor of Science/Teaching Certification, Behavioral Science from Metropolitan State College, Denver, CO in 1991
Licensures and Certifications
- Colorado License in Speech-Language Pathology
- ASHA Certification in Speech-Language Pathology
Maureen earned her undergraduate degree in Speech and Hearing Sciences at Indiana University. Upon graduation, she did not have the finances to complete her Master’s degree, so she worked in the school setting in various capacities. She completed a teaching certification and taught for many years (elementary, secondary, and community college). After being a stay-at-home mom raising her two girls, she went back for her Master’s degree to finally become a speech language pathologist. She enjoys elementary-aged students and embeds literacy and pre-literacy skills as much as she can into therapy sessions.
In her free time she enjoys eating, reading, hanging with her daughter and Bernedoodle, and pickleball!